Please do not email reservation requests. Call 314-241-6556 and press the Afternoon Tea option. Leave a message for our Reservation Specialist stating the date you wish to come in and the number of people in your party. You will receive a call back within a short time. Reservations are required at least one day in advance. We highly recommend booking at least one week in advance for a weekend reservation. When making your reservation please have your credit card on hand, it is required to guarantee your reservation. Do not fret, your card will not be charged and you can pay however you’d like following your tea: Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express.
We are proud to bring the lovely experience of British afternoon tea to Saint Louis. Afternoon tea, often referred to as “High tea” in the U.S. is steeped in tradition and offers a tranquil get away from today’s fast paced life.
Created by Anna Russell, Duchess of Bedford in the mid-19th century, Afternoon Tea consists of sandwiches, scones, cakes, and plenty of tea. Our Afternoon Teas are served in our gloriously refurbished Hyde Park Room, which gives opportunity to step away from the busyness and bustle of the café and enjoy a quiet afternoon conversation with friends and family. With its period décor and furnishing, black & white checkered floors, and twin chandeliers, you’ll feel like you’ve left your surroundings and stepped into a London oasis.
Vegetarian and Gluten Free* Afternoon Teas are available by request. These special options must be requested at least one day prior to reservation and cannot be provided after arrival. Gluten free teas are an additional $5 per guest. We are unable to offer vegan (dairy free), or nut free options.
If you have to cancel your reservation please do so by 5pm the day before your tea, otherwise you will be charged a fee equal to 50% of what would have been your total bill. Also, be sure to contact us before 9am the day of your reservation if one or more of your party is unable to attend (leave a message if we do not answer the phone; we’ll be sure to get it). If we are not notified by that time, then you will be charged for the original number booked.
We are often asked by guests what they should wear when attending an afternoon tea. We want you to experience this very British event in comfort and would suggest smart casual clothing. In deference to other guests we do ask that you refrain from wearing costumes.
• The Hyde Park room is not an event space. It is a room solely intended for Afternoon Teas on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Lunch groups and meetings are possible by request during regular hours Mondays through Thursdays. We do not rent out the room for any other purpose or make any variation to the Afternoon Tea menu, other than gluten free and vegetarian options.
Vegetarian and Gluten Free* Afternoon Teas are available by request. These special options must be requested at least one day prior to reservation and cannot be provided after arrival. Gluten free teas are an additional $5 per person. We are unable to offer vegan (dairy free), or nut free options.
• Each table is set with white linen tablecloths, beautiful china and fresh flowers designed by our florist. No outside flowers, decorations, glitter or confetti are allowed. Our tables are already dressed for you! Small party favors for your guests are allowed as well as a small sign or decoration for the gift table if desired.
• As well as being a wonderful place to enjoy Afternoon Tea, we are also a bakery. We do not allow outside cakes. food, or drinks to be brought in to the tea room. Your Afternoon Tea does offer a plentiful supply of cake, but should you like to order an additional cake, our bakers are more than happy to help you.
• You will have your table for two (2) hours. All 11 am guests will be asked to please clear the space by 1 pm, as our tables need to be prepared for our 2 pm guests. Large groups are encouraged to schedule for afternoons. It is possible to extend your time at the 2 pm seating, provided we have staff coverage. There is a charge of $100 for each additional 30 minutes after 4 pm.
• Payment may be split up to four ways. It is not possible for us to take individual payment from each person in groups. However, the person responsible for the group will find it more convenient and efficient to cover the total bill, and collect from individuals themselves, thus allowing more enjoyable time near the end of your visit.
• The final number of guests must be established at least three (3) weeks prior to your reservation. Additional guests may be added up until 5 pm the night prior to your booking - should space still be available. We realise that unexpected circumstances arise, and that there may be a guest or two that needs to cancel at the last minute. Therefore, we allow up to two (2) guests to cancel, provided we are advised by 9 am the day of your reservation (leave a message if we do not answer the phone; we’ll be sure to get it). If we are not notified by that time, you will be charged for the original reservation. More than two guest cancellations (cancelled by 9 am) result in a charge of $15 per additional cancelled individual. Any cancellation after 9 am (the day of your reservation) will result in a full charge of $29.50 plus tax per guest.
It is possible for you to reserve Afternoon Tea in the Hyde Park Room exclusively for your group, even if you have a small number of guests. In addition to the policies above, we are listing the following notes of interest for an exclusive booking:
• It is important to note that the Hyde Park Room is a semi-private room. There will be the occasional staff member that will need to access the kitchen or office located at the back of the room. The restrooms for both the café and the Hyde Park Room are located at the top end of the room toward the café and café guests will come through to use the facilities.
For all group bookings, please sign to acknowledge that you have read and understood all group policies and procedures listed above, and agree to them. This agreement must be received within 10 days of booking. Thank you, and we look forward to your visit!